I was reminded today of how important Feng Shui in a home can be so I decided to do a brief post on Feng Shui in the bedroom. Feng Shui, which literally translates to "wind-water", originiated in China back in 4000 BC and was widely used to orient spiritual structures. Today Feng Shui is practiced not only by Chinese but Westerners as well, using it predominantly in homes and businesses.
If you're planning on practicing Feng Shui in your home, I'd say the bedroom would be the best place to start. A bedroom should emit peace a tranquility and feel like your sanctuary. It's a place where you spend at least eight to ten hours of your day sleeping, getting ready and relaxing.
Here's a quick how-to for Feng Shui in the bedroom.
1. Don't have a t.v. or workout equipment present in the bedroom.
2. Good air quality
3. Have several levels of lighting
4. Color!-neutrals are best with pops of color for excitement
6. Placement of your bed is very important. Have your bed easily approachable on both sides with a night stand on each side. Place your bed with the headboard firmly against the wall and out of direct view of your bedroom door.
7. Keep all bedroom and closet doors closed while you're sleeping.
Keep Chic Antique in mind when Feng Shui-ing your room~! We have the perfect antique pieces with great pops of color to uplift your space.
Stay tuned for more posts!