Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Karim Rashid



Karim Rashid is an Egyptian born Industrial designer living in New York.  He dabbles in everything from Interior Design, Product Design, Fashion Design etc.  Everything he designs whether it's in clothing, product or interiors has a futuristic flair to it.  I came across his name while searching the internet years ago.  From then I feel in love.  

You're probably familiar with the Kone Vacuum by Dirt Devil?  He designed that.  Or how about the Method soaps you can buy at Target or any drugstore?  He designed that packaging as well.  To date he has had some 3000 objects put into production.  Time magazine called him the "Most Famous Industrial Designer in All the Americas".


Kone Vac and Method Soaps


"Kurve Restaurant" New York City, 2008

"Market Restaurant/Bar"... Atlanta, GA


"Semiramis" Hotel/ Athens






Aren't these amazing? Karim is an amazing, iconic and unique designer to say the least. You should visit his website http://www.karimrashid.com/ to see all his extraordinary designs! Have a great week!

~Lauren
Chic Antique

1 comment:

  1. I love all these colors and papers presented, all this incredible and unique design, here is another example of success. I'm an interior designer and I like to meet new projects and brands. The last brand I worked with was www.bocadolobo.com ,and I loved the experience, I hope that it can also be useful despite their excellent work, as it was to me. Congratulations on your extraordinary work.

    ReplyDelete